Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Week 4

Told you I am horrible about blogging.

Ok so week 3 went by without a hitch. Haven't seen much more weight loss. I haven't gained anything back, but haven't really been losing either, so we decided to ramp it up a bit. We switched to the next level in the Slim in 6 program, which is called "Ramp It Up." This is a much more intense workout. Today was day 2. Yesterday I only did half of the workout, because it requires a workout band, you know those big elastic things that you might think wouldn't give you much of a workout. Well, we only had 1 so I let Becky use that while I sat and watched her. As I said, the workout is more intense and it is almost double the time of the first workout in the program. So yesterday I was feeling pretty good. We went to the store and bought another band last night so I could do the full workout.
Ok, so I did the full workout this morning. I just have one thing to say ----- "OOWWW!!!" That was a workout. 47 minutes of non-stop intense work. Maybe I am a big wuss, but that workout kicked my butt. I was a little skeptical about the resistance band being able to do anything for me, but it gave my muscles a run for their money. I am pleasantly surprised. Hopefully this will kick-start my metabolism and weight loss again. By the end of the workout I was drenched in sweat. Gross, I know, but it felt good. I could barely move at the end of the workout, and I can still feel my muscles burning 4 hours later. That really is a good thing. As far as my stats go, I am at 262.5, size 40 pants. My goal is to be in a 38 by Thanksgiving and a 36 by Christmas. Who would have ever thought that I could get down to those sizes? I never thought I could do it before, but now it is a real possibility in my mind. I have set the intention to achieve it, and I am going to do it. I'll check back in soon

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I'll have to go back and read about your first 3 weeks. It always helps when you are working together for motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm gonna follow you guys. I didn't realize you were doing this. I'm about to do P90X in a couple of weeks after I finish this detox/colon cleanse. So far, just doing my Mormon Diet (the one everyone loves to hate) and walking 5 nights a week, as well as punching the old punching bag out back, I'm consistently dropping about 2 pounds a week and losing inches. Hooray for all of us! Good luck! I'm watching you.

    ReplyDelete